I like Anurag, the husband more: Kalki

Written By Dong on Sunday 15 May 2011 | 03:02

It has been only a few days since Kalki Koechlin has tied the knot with filmmaker beau Anurag Kashyap, and she has already decided who she likes more - the husband Anurag or the filmmaker Anurag! "I like the husband more than the filmmaker", gushes Kalki who is all set to make her big screen appearance once again in Kashyap's Shaitan.
With a twinkle in her big, almond-eyes, she says, "I know the director quite well, but as a husband, I am still getting to know him." While the buzz is that Anurag and Kalki have bought a new house together recently, married life, she says, is not very different from before. The two stars had been living in together even before they got married. The actress, born to French parents, points out, "There is of course, an inner sense of happiness. And Anurag makes me tea every morning," and adds with a laugh, "And he kisses my legs..."
While Kalki confirms she has already started her shoot for Dibakar Banerjee's next film Shanghai, she settles down to talk to IBNLive about her experiences while filming for Shaitan. She plays the NRI Amy, a spoilt, rich girl in a film that reflects on the unruly atttude of the youth in urban India. "While developing my role in films, I don't generally copy any characters. For Shaitan, I watched a lot of films. I saw this American movie titled Kids, a film where the world is seen through the eyes of teenagers." The 1995 drama Kids centered on a day in the life of a group of sexually active teenagers in New York City and their attitude towards sex and substance abuse.
I like Anurag, the husband more: Kalki
With her Hindi almost immaculate now, does she ever want to break this dark, intense aura around her that comes from acting in films that are not quite the run-of-the-mill kinds? Suggest her if she wants to act in a Yashraj movie, and pat comes the answer: "The question is not if I want to do a Yashraj film, it is whether they want to cast me in any of their films?" With a pause, she adds, "You will see, in my upcoming films like My Friend Pinto (opposite Prateik Babbar) and Zoya's (Akhtar) Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, I will have a different image. In Zindagi...I have a rather comical character."
The conversation again veers back to her post-marriage bliss and naturally she can't stop raving about Anurag. "Inside, he is such a teddy bear. I watched him act in Shagird (directed by Tigmanshu Dhulia) and I think he is becoming a pretty popular actor." She contorts her face and breaks into a smile before adding, "He is going to give me tough competition when it comes to acting."

No comments:

Post a Comment